Thursday, March 28, 2013

Meet the critters! -Lucki

I now interrupt my current series of doom and gloom posts to take some time to introduce you to our four legged family members!

With seniority, I would like to introduce you to:
Lucki!
Occupation: Eater of grass
Farm duties: Former companion horse, maker of fertilizer, lawn mowing, riding lessons for four year olds, and creator of vet bills.

Why hello there! My name is Lucki! I am 16 years young and am part quarter horse and well, the other three quarters, I'm not sure. I never really cared to find out.

I spent my first two years living in a small enclosure with some cows. As I got bigger, my pen did not and it started to get a little cramped. The cows came and went but I stayed. Food was by no means plentiful and I was always hungry. The cows must have been hungry too because they chewed off my tail.

One day when I was about 2, a nice lady came to see me and decided to take me home with her! She had lots of other horses and for the first time ever, there was plenty of food to eat! I ate and ate and ate and after a while my tail began to grow back! At this farm there was a nice girl who took care of me. She has taken care of me for a long time now.


I have lived a lot of places but my favorite place of all is where I live now. I get lots of attention from that girl who has taken care of me for so long. My favorite treats are carrots and I admit, I like to eat. I spent a lot of my earlier years being hungry so I will never pass up food. (Even when it makes me sick!) I lost my pasture mate a few years ago and now live with another younger mare who tends to get on my nerves.

Other than that, nothing really bothers me and I am pretty mellow. I behave for the farrier and don't mind if small humans sit on my back. (But if you weigh more than 100 pounds, I might have to complain.) I admit I have an eating problem and keeping a healthy weight is tough for me, but with the help of my people, I have been doing OK.

Hooves and kisses!
-Lucki

No comments:

Post a Comment