Monday, October 17, 2011

A Nature walk with Fairies

This past weekend, my family and I attended the Festival of Jack O' Lanterns at our local nature center. This is an annual fundraiser and all proceeds go toward the preservation of our local wildlife. In addition to being a sanctuary, the center has several greenhouses on the grounds and a wildlife conservation area that is instrumental in raising awareness about the South's endangered red wolf population.

This year we decided to attend the festival in costume. I had the pleasure of being accompanied by the sweetest little fairy!


Happy Autumn everyone!



2 comments:

  1. I apologize for not visiting my favorite blogs lately, and i promise to do some catching-up with everyone in the next few days. We are experiencing cooler weather starting today (Thursday) and as for myself I'm looking forward to falls return to the Lancaster Pennsylvania area. And are the color of the leaves changing your your way folks as they are mine. Hope everyone has a great weekend and enjoy the beautiful fall season that has now begun. Richard from Amish Stories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your beautiful blog and post. I'm so happy I found you via, Brenda Kay's blog. I love the rural life and I'm country to the bone.. I'm your latest follower and will visit often..Susie

    ReplyDelete